Saturday, September 19, 2009

Iiiiii just wanna fly...

Okay, so I'm a little bit younger than most of the people writing for this blog, but I still totally appreciate it - cos I listened to a lot of the same stuff in middle school. I guess a lot of people look back on what they listened to when they were younger and question that decision. And some of these people do that. But most of them get why this music was important to them - and why it still is. I'm a sucker for nostalgia, yes, but this isn't so much about nostalgia, I guess - it's more about understanding your past. Which, oh, I don't know, maybe it's the same thing. The point is - remember these songs? Remember ones that aren't on there that were important to you? It's a good read - slice of life, you know? This American Life without Ira Glass breathily narrating a few months of your high school years.

I have no idea what I'm on about at this point. I need to get back to studying.

Here, look at Songs from High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment